6.15.2011

Some Explaining to Do

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I just got it out. Now that I have finished my first "unsupervised by my mom" project I am mad that I didn't get it out sooner. With the move and not wanting to try to find the space in the last house I just put it off...but I am ready now. It is relaxing an frustrating at the same time, I like it.
I made a purple bib from a pattern I have done before with my mom. When you scroll down to see it don't look too close, like I said...it was unsupervised!
I love a project that is quick so this was a good start. I am partial to "bibsters" (disposable bibs) because of their pocket that catches food dropped by baby. I decided to add a pocket to this one and loved the way it turned out.
I decided to do a decorative tulip stitch across the top. Brady was so impressed! Then I said, "I know...this machine is awesome, I just push a button and get tulips!" Then he nodded and said, "Oh, that makes sense."
What was he implying? Was he saying that he didn't think I could do that myself?
Oh well, it's my fault for telling him.
First rule for wives: Always let your husband think you are amazing. Don't tell your secrets to awesome-ness!
The girls used yarn to finger-weave (taught by my mom in the middle of yesterday's sewing orientation) while I got lost in "sew-land"...a creative way for Emma to say that I wasn't paying attention to them. Brady took Lyla to her room to play because she got mad that I wasn't looking at her. again.
Now that I have explained our evening I'll explain this:

I don't facebook because I am slightly against it.
It takes up a lot of time and it's just trendy(I know it will stay around longer than a fleeting trend, but still...) so I am turned off by that.
I also don't have glitter toes & I didn't read the Twilight series.
Not that there is anything wrong with trends, but there are some I just can't get into.
Anyway, I know FB can be a great thing when done properly/safely/responsibly,
but I have seen what negatives can come from it too.
So I choose to abstain.

About my blog:
I blog for me.
For creativity, for connecting/reconnecting with people I know and love, and for random thoughts that I feel like making note of.
&
For my memories, for my family, and for fun.
That's it.


No comments: