This morning we slept late.
Ok, the big girls watched Arthur while Lyla and I slept late.
Then I made my morning call to my mom.
We ate breakfast.
We cleaned rooms, made beds, and got ready.
Then we washed the kitchen table and chairs,
which led us to the cupboard fronts,
and finally the floors.
Somewhere in the middle of all this fun Lyla fell and hit her head.
She had a red bump with a blue line down the middle on her forehead.
It was the kind of cry that begins in silence while they try to get their breath.
SO sad. A popsicle break was necessary.
During our break, this was the question asked by Emma,
"Mom, does your mind ever go crazy about life?"
My first thought was,"Couldn't you tell?"
But I instead chose to reply with something like,"Yeah, it does. What does yours 'go crazy' about?"
Emma: "Like, just when I think about the world and try to understand how big it is."
Me: "It is incredible."
Emma: "I think about it when I lay in bed at night and it is incredible. I just can't believe it."
Me: "What else makes your mind crazy?"
Emma: "Lots of things...it just depends on the day"
"Me too kiddo. Me too."
Back to popsicles and mopping the floor.
A little conversation that made me smile & made me glad I was here to listen to her thoughts.
I need to post with pictures, but I'm too tired for that...maybe tomorrow.
Ok, the big girls watched Arthur while Lyla and I slept late.
Then I made my morning call to my mom.
We ate breakfast.
We cleaned rooms, made beds, and got ready.
Then we washed the kitchen table and chairs,
which led us to the cupboard fronts,
and finally the floors.
Somewhere in the middle of all this fun Lyla fell and hit her head.
She had a red bump with a blue line down the middle on her forehead.
It was the kind of cry that begins in silence while they try to get their breath.
SO sad. A popsicle break was necessary.
During our break, this was the question asked by Emma,
"Mom, does your mind ever go crazy about life?"
My first thought was,"Couldn't you tell?"
But I instead chose to reply with something like,"Yeah, it does. What does yours 'go crazy' about?"
Emma: "Like, just when I think about the world and try to understand how big it is."
Me: "It is incredible."
Emma: "I think about it when I lay in bed at night and it is incredible. I just can't believe it."
Me: "What else makes your mind crazy?"
Emma: "Lots of things...it just depends on the day"
"Me too kiddo. Me too."
Back to popsicles and mopping the floor.
A little conversation that made me smile & made me glad I was here to listen to her thoughts.
I need to post with pictures, but I'm too tired for that...maybe tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment