Just put the girls to bed.
They usually go to be around 7:30pm.
Early, right? Well, they wake up before 7am.
Have you seen my kids tired? I have. Not my favorite.
Our day went like we'd hoped...which doesn't always happen so I was grateful.
Books were read.
Toys (and baseboards and doors) were washed.
Rooms were dusted.
Cookies were made.
Toes were polished.
Full House was watched.
And there was dancing...throughout the day, just whenever we felt like it was necessary.
(even new JLo was played)
Emma does the robot, Regan poses, and Lyla claps her hands above her head (and occasionally catches the beat while head-bobbing).
I wanted to take pictures but I didn't want to stop these fun moments from being so real,
so I just let it go and had fun with my girls.
Moms need days like this with their kids every now and then.
Brady is always so fun, because Dads get to be that way...
but today I was so fun.
E & R told me so.
I'll make note that Regan told me it was "the best day ever"
& Emma told me in her sweetest voice that she is glad I am her mom.
Me too.
It is not always fun and dancing around here, that's for sure.
So when a day happens that is as "parentally perfect" as today was, I'll just be thankful.
Brady, we miss you...
They usually go to be around 7:30pm.
Early, right? Well, they wake up before 7am.
Have you seen my kids tired? I have. Not my favorite.
Our day went like we'd hoped...which doesn't always happen so I was grateful.
Books were read.
Toys (and baseboards and doors) were washed.
Rooms were dusted.
Cookies were made.
Toes were polished.
Full House was watched.
And there was dancing...throughout the day, just whenever we felt like it was necessary.
(even new JLo was played)
Emma does the robot, Regan poses, and Lyla claps her hands above her head (and occasionally catches the beat while head-bobbing).
I wanted to take pictures but I didn't want to stop these fun moments from being so real,
so I just let it go and had fun with my girls.
Moms need days like this with their kids every now and then.
Brady is always so fun, because Dads get to be that way...
but today I was so fun.
E & R told me so.
I'll make note that Regan told me it was "the best day ever"
& Emma told me in her sweetest voice that she is glad I am her mom.
Me too.
It is not always fun and dancing around here, that's for sure.
So when a day happens that is as "parentally perfect" as today was, I'll just be thankful.
Brady, we miss you...
No comments:
Post a Comment