When we were first married (cliche ahead...) Brady never picked up his socks.
He would come home from work and put everything else in the laundry and even put his shoes away.
But never the socks.
I started to leave them there thinking maybe he would catch on, but he did not.
I remember waking in the night and nearly screaming at the sight of one in the perfect shape to be some sort of small creature.
Then I asked him to please just put his socks in the laundry.
And he did. But it took a few years.
And then we had a toddler.
And socks seemed like a distant dream compared to what I picked up and RE-picked up in a day.
And I was sorry I got a little bit hung up on his socks.
As I followed little ones around the house for the next few years I often wondered what it would be like to have kids big enough to always clean up after themselves.
...HA!...
I should have known better.
My kids are all tucked in and the house is "picked-up"
(notice that I didn't say "clean", because tomorrow I will spend the day "cleaning" and in turn...my house will not be "picked-up")
And now the kids are in bed and Brady is off playing watermelon football at someone's pool,
And it's just me...
And the wet bath mat on the floor of the girls' bathroom.
I'm not complaining.
Just stating the facts!
He would come home from work and put everything else in the laundry and even put his shoes away.
But never the socks.
I started to leave them there thinking maybe he would catch on, but he did not.
I remember waking in the night and nearly screaming at the sight of one in the perfect shape to be some sort of small creature.
Then I asked him to please just put his socks in the laundry.
And he did. But it took a few years.
And then we had a toddler.
And socks seemed like a distant dream compared to what I picked up and RE-picked up in a day.
And I was sorry I got a little bit hung up on his socks.
As I followed little ones around the house for the next few years I often wondered what it would be like to have kids big enough to always clean up after themselves.
...HA!...
I should have known better.
My kids are all tucked in and the house is "picked-up"
(notice that I didn't say "clean", because tomorrow I will spend the day "cleaning" and in turn...my house will not be "picked-up")
And now the kids are in bed and Brady is off playing watermelon football at someone's pool,
And it's just me...
And the wet bath mat on the floor of the girls' bathroom.
I'm not complaining.
Just stating the facts!
1 comment:
I love loved your posts lately. You have come up with some fun ways of telling about life. I really enjoy it. But, speaking of socks, John puts everything in the hamper except his left sock which gets left in his shoe or the floor near his shoe. The right always put away but never the left. Honestly...it still drives me crazy!
Post a Comment