8.10.2011

Day 1 (near hysteria)

That would have been ME from 6:30-7:30am. Everyone else was fine.
I was trying hard not to cry at the thought of having 2 start school, especially a kindergartener!
But...I made it through with less tears than I planned and even managed:
breakfast with Brady and Taysoms (I feel a new tradition coming on...)
manipulating items around the house (aka- picking up every one's "things" and putting them away)
lunch and nap time for Lyla
cookie-baking and a movie with Brady...
I did ok and wasn't anxious until about 20 minutes before they got out of school.
***
Enough about me...
Emma and Regan woke up happy and ready to go!
Meet-the-teacher Night took care of most of the nerves. (that's the first pic of Regan...Emma said she's done it before, so no pictures!)
Outfits were chosen in record-time yesterday (41 minutes to decide on clothes, shoes, accessories, & hair-do's for both)
So we had a nice morning full of smiles and nervous giggles.
Having Brady home was a relief for all of us...the girls love having him make breakfast and I love it because it frees me up to be totally emotional!

I came home and looked at the pictures
and cried a little more because I know those smiles...the "I know I should be really excited, but I am getting kind of nervous" smiles OR, my favorite, "Pictures don't usually happen at 7am...please don't make us do anymore!" smiles.

Emma came home saying that her teacher "ROCKS!"
Regan said that she made 2 friends, but doesn't know their names!
They walk home with their cousins, Zack & Josh...how fun is that?! Regan and Josh are newbies together!
After school we had fun hearing all the juicy details over our green coyote cookies (school color & mascot).


Ah, now there's some more relaxed smiles! And pink cheeks...can't wait for cooler weather.
So proud of my girls today! They were confident & brave and its going to be an exciting year.
***
Lyla gave herself a little education in honor of the 1st day of school. She was so lonely without her sisters that she learned how to open drawers. If it's within reach it got emptied! Her favorite find? Some 3D glasses!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVED all the pics!! Makes me nervous fr next week (and a little relieved that Gavin will only be gone half day...I am sure that will be short lived). So fun about breakfast! Miss you guys tons!

Kim said...

I love the pictures. I can't believe they are both in school now. Time flies that's for sure! You are a great mom. You were there so excited to see and talk to them at the end of their first day of school.