Along with all the fun things we did this year for Christmas we started a couple of new traditions since the girls are old enough to understand a bit better. 
First- Emma and Regan made cookies for Santa. I told them they could put whatever they want in them and gave them silly ideas like yogurt or beans...but that sort of annoyed Emma and she wanted to do it "the way REAL cookies are made". ( I would have LOVED to see Santa's reaction to cookies with corn or green beans in them!) So I told them what went into "real cookies" and they chose how much they wanted to put in. I tested them and they were a little dry, but not too bad!

Second- Letters to Santa. Click on the pictures to enlarge them and see what they wrote, but they had so much fun talking back and forth about what they wanted. When they were done they folded them up and put them in their stockings and put them on the couch for Santa to find...
First- Emma and Regan made cookies for Santa. I told them they could put whatever they want in them and gave them silly ideas like yogurt or beans...but that sort of annoyed Emma and she wanted to do it "the way REAL cookies are made". ( I would have LOVED to see Santa's reaction to cookies with corn or green beans in them!) So I told them what went into "real cookies" and they chose how much they wanted to put in. I tested them and they were a little dry, but not too bad!
Second- Letters to Santa. Click on the pictures to enlarge them and see what they wrote, but they had so much fun talking back and forth about what they wanted. When they were done they folded them up and put them in their stockings and put them on the couch for Santa to find...
Much to their delight MAGIC happened and Santa brought just what they wanted. There were lots of fun presents given and recieved and the day was great!
When it was done, we crashed!!! Thus the long break between my posts...I'm just getting all the toys put away our house back to normal!
1 comment:
Cute pictures! I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas. What a fun idea having the girls make their own cookies. I'll have to try that sometime with Hayden. Could be interesting... :)
Post a Comment