I don't want to sound ridiculous, like I am complaining about being old- I am aware that I am not old... but I just don't want to be called "Mam"!
I was at Target with the girls the other day, (I know it's not Hollister or something, but who am I kidding...I only go in there when I am at the mall with my little brother and even then I feel older than I really am...it's just so loud!) and the girl at the check-out said, "Your total is $12.62, MAM." ?What? I still feel embarrassed/annoyed/bad for her that I looked up at her like she was crazy. Then I felt crazy for getting so bothered by it. Then I got even more irritated that I I had a thought process happen to me like this because it never would have occurred to me that I'd feel this way...way back when I was 19!!
Anyway, I had a really fun birthday...Brady would say it started the week after Christmas when I started buying things and saying that he could wrap them up for me and give them to me on my birthday...but we'll go with dinner with my family at Cheesecake Factory for my mom's, my sister's, and my birthday last week. No pictures of that though because Emma and Regan's theme for that night was, "it's my mom's party and we'll cry if we want to"!! But, thanks for a fun night fam!
Friday night we ate at YC's and then went ice-skating with friends. If you want to do something to remind you how old you are, go to Polar Ice on Friday night with all the teenagers and YSA's in Gilbert! Luckily, we blended right in!! (Or we tried to anyway.)
Today we slept late and Brady made us breakfast. Then I got ready while Brady took the girls to "pick up something so good, I'll freak out"(Emma's words) that turned out to be a birthday cake from BR- my favorite! Then we spent the rest of day enjoying the 'spring-in-January' weather at the zoo.
So, I still feel 19. Where does the time go?
My mom's friend said, "days are long, years are short" and that feels so true today!
2 comments:
So glad you had a good bday!! love all the pics and it looked like so much fun!
You're so funny with the maam stuff. Back East everyone calls everybody "maam." It's how they show they are being polite. I thought it was weird too at first but then I started to really like it! Better than they "Hey you" I get sometimes from Matt...
Post a Comment