Referring to my previous post about not knowing how they learned to act like that...
I am positive now that they were watching me in my childhood and making notes on all the ways they could make my life come full circle! Emma slams her door at times these days and I just want to call my mom and tell that that I am sorry and I was so ridiculously dramatic and ask how she put up with me...or ask how she kept a straight face when I would have a meltdown! Regan does something she knows she shouldn't and then uses her " I know you can't resist my smile so I'll use it against you" face to try to get out of it. I know that one well because I feel myself still using it when I don't want to do something and it still works- Brady can't resist. When I am trying to do Emma's hair the way SHE chose to wear it and she says it "doesn't look right- sorry mom" and wants me to "try again please" I want to call my mom and tell her she should have just made me go to school without my hair done at all for having such an attitude. Or when Regan hits Emma and immediately runs to me and hugs me and tells me "You're the best mom ever." ... and so it goes...
This is the circle of life. I have a feeling there are going to be many more "apology calls".
I am scared for when they are teenagers!
No comments:
Post a Comment