8.17.2008

The First Step Is Admitting...



...WE have a PROBLEM!!!
Regan is a carefree, sweet girl... who's scream will pierce your ears like nothing you have ever heard. Over the last several months she has improved tons, but for a long time we used her "doe-doe" (yeah, we call a binky/pacifier a doe-doe at our house) as a sort of plug. She LOVES them and they make her incredibly happy. She has recently found a stash of several different kinds we tried when she and Emma were babies! She MUST sleep with them ALL around her. If she grabs one in the night and she doesn't like how it feels she searches for a better one. (I've witnessed this first-hand) It didn't really motivate me when I took her to the dentist and he said he won't be on my case about it until she's three.
Excuse #1- She just switched to a big bed...she's had enough change for now.
Excuse #2- Like I'm going to take it away before our big road trip and before we go sleep in all these new places.
Current Excuse- I am SO tired at night that I don't feel tough enough to listen to her try to fall asleep on her own. ... but maybe she'd be fine??
You can see that my excuses are getting more lame and maybe that's my sign...it's time... but she's my baby right now and she just puts it in her mouth a snuggles up to me and I LOVE that.
So maybe in a couple weeks!! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Farrah said...

That's too funny! I have to say I don't have any advice for this one, since neither of my kids would take the binky. Hopefully all goes well when you strip them away. =)

Biddle Family said...

I LOVE BINKY'S... they are the GREATEST invention in the WORLD!!!!! Besides she is so cute with all of them how could you take them away??

Speer Family said...

She is the cutest thing ever!! I love her and LOVE having her in nursery each week!

Forsberg's said...

I love when kids are so strong willed with the most random ideas like sleeping with ALL of them! Asher does the same things with trucks.