After it fell on a restaurant floor and she picked it up and put it in her mouth (and I threw up in my mouth a little) I thought that was probably my cue to take Lyla's doe-doe (what she calls her pacifier) away. I mean it doesn't even keep her quiet in church, she screams with it in her mouth.
But the naps...the long glorious naps! I risk losing them if I get rid of it.
I was having an internal momflict (conflict for a mom).
A week later at the chiropractor's office he asked Lyla if he could have it...thinking she wouldn't let him, but with little hesitation she GAVE it to him. He put it in his pocket and the light went off in my head...this is my chance to NOT be responsible for taking it away.
Nap that day was a 2 hour cry-fest with 30 minutes of sleep at the end,but she did it! In the midst of my guilt I gave her a big toy that I was saving for her bday...and all was well in the world again.See the cloudy eyes and red cheeks? ...it's a good thing I had a new toy stashed away so she wasn't quite so mad at me after nap time.
3.20.2012
It Had to Go
This face is a little more common due to the recent changes at our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment