About as juicy as it gets for a "housewife."
And by the way...that's an odd thing to be called.
I'm so much more than that.
Right?
Anyway, I have wanted to blog these past few days but I am so tired.
We have been going and going since Friday afternoon and besides all the business I am mentally and emotionally exhausted.
It's been a lot the last two weeks.
But top of my list is that I was called to be first counselor in our ward's Primary presidency.
Primary can be read about here.
Even now I can't find the words...
but I am excited to be part of what I loved as a kid and what is teaching my children so much about Jesus and the church of which we are a part.
It's a busy season for this calling and I kind of just get to roll with it.
Everyone keeps asking if I will be ok...or if I am ok...
they obviously know something I do not:)
I realize the responsibility and work that I am accepting but rather than stress about it all at once
I choose to save it...and have moments/hours/days etc where I will be utterly overwhelmed.
I'm good with that. And Brady is used to it so we're fine.
I feel very blessed to be able to help shape this young generation into what their Heavenly Father has in store for their lives. And they are awesome kids. Oh, Sunday was my first time with them and they are so happy and strong...
I will learn way more from them than they will from me.
This change has brought a big change for Lyla.
Rather than wait until she is 18 months to go into the nursery she gets to go early...YAY!
She went in immediately and claimed a baby doll, much to the dismay of the 2 year old already holding it!
We left thinking it was way too easy.
They brought her to me with 15 minutes left with blood-shot eyes, blotchy cheeks, and hardly able to catch her breath.
That's my girl...
We will try again next week.
An older man said in church on Sunday that he's been really sick lately but he wanted to come to church to see which people didn't have enough money to go out of town...I laughed and then...wait.
So hopefully my kids will remember how much fun HOME can be when they get back to school and write their "What I Did Over Fall Break" journal entries...
cereal and smoothies for breakfast
minimal hair-dos, if any at all
costco dinner, twice. so far.
a movie (nap for mom) while Lyla naps
a different fun 'fall treat' everyday
later bedtime, which if you know me...is major.
cleaning and organizing projects...sorry kids, get used to it. What's a school break without your room being cleaned out?!
Freezer food for dinners that are not at Costco.
bike-riding in our jammies.
a busy craft table.
zoo.
whatever mess you want to make as you get reacquainted with our house after being gone way TOO much for the past 9 weeks...also major deal, if you know me.
And it's just Wednesday...who knows what junk these kids will eat and what germ-filled places we will end up at?
I know that most of what I post about regarding my marriage is related sports.
Annoying right? I think so too.
There hasn't been a fall like this one for a few years and it is not my favorite kind...
See, not only is Brady a BYU fan(atic) he loves the St. Louis Cardinals.
I accepted this love a LOT faster, and I am a fan myself.
But NOT when it is combined with BYU.
So Cardinals making it to post-season was less than a thrill. (For me.)
And if Brady wants to state his side, well he can start his own blog...but he won't. He is too busy reading sports blogs.
Our weekend was taken over...
Cardinals on Friday, Byu on Saturday, Cardinals on Sunday and then again on Monday!
When you read back to my previous post about all the lists and all the help Brady was...this is why.
I don't use watching games as a threat...I don't even need to. He figured it out without me saying anything....
(which is ALSO how I know that he knows that he is a bit "intense", at least on some level)
Super cheerful/helpful-best husband/dad e v e r...
and then it's game time.
And he's gone.
It's like we don't even know him.
And if his team loses I have to hash it all out play-by-play and watch him work his way back to the Brady I know and love.
But on the better days, when they win...
Well, it's order is restored and all is well again.
It's become a sort of entertainment for me to watch him watch a game.
He even looks at me and laughs after a particularly angry rant/victory dance.
And by the way...that's an odd thing to be called.
I'm so much more than that.
Right?
Anyway, I have wanted to blog these past few days but I am so tired.
We have been going and going since Friday afternoon and besides all the business I am mentally and emotionally exhausted.
It's been a lot the last two weeks.
But top of my list is that I was called to be first counselor in our ward's Primary presidency.
Primary can be read about here.
Even now I can't find the words...
but I am excited to be part of what I loved as a kid and what is teaching my children so much about Jesus and the church of which we are a part.
It's a busy season for this calling and I kind of just get to roll with it.
Everyone keeps asking if I will be ok...or if I am ok...
they obviously know something I do not:)
I realize the responsibility and work that I am accepting but rather than stress about it all at once
I choose to save it...and have moments/hours/days etc where I will be utterly overwhelmed.
I'm good with that. And Brady is used to it so we're fine.
I feel very blessed to be able to help shape this young generation into what their Heavenly Father has in store for their lives. And they are awesome kids. Oh, Sunday was my first time with them and they are so happy and strong...
I will learn way more from them than they will from me.
This change has brought a big change for Lyla.
Rather than wait until she is 18 months to go into the nursery she gets to go early...YAY!
She went in immediately and claimed a baby doll, much to the dismay of the 2 year old already holding it!
We left thinking it was way too easy.
They brought her to me with 15 minutes left with blood-shot eyes, blotchy cheeks, and hardly able to catch her breath.
That's my girl...
We will try again next week.
An older man said in church on Sunday that he's been really sick lately but he wanted to come to church to see which people didn't have enough money to go out of town...I laughed and then...wait.
So hopefully my kids will remember how much fun HOME can be when they get back to school and write their "What I Did Over Fall Break" journal entries...
cereal and smoothies for breakfast
minimal hair-dos, if any at all
costco dinner, twice. so far.
a movie (nap for mom) while Lyla naps
a different fun 'fall treat' everyday
later bedtime, which if you know me...is major.
cleaning and organizing projects...sorry kids, get used to it. What's a school break without your room being cleaned out?!
Freezer food for dinners that are not at Costco.
bike-riding in our jammies.
a busy craft table.
zoo.
whatever mess you want to make as you get reacquainted with our house after being gone way TOO much for the past 9 weeks...also major deal, if you know me.
And it's just Wednesday...who knows what junk these kids will eat and what germ-filled places we will end up at?
I know that most of what I post about regarding my marriage is related sports.
Annoying right? I think so too.
There hasn't been a fall like this one for a few years and it is not my favorite kind...
See, not only is Brady a BYU fan(atic) he loves the St. Louis Cardinals.
I accepted this love a LOT faster, and I am a fan myself.
But NOT when it is combined with BYU.
So Cardinals making it to post-season was less than a thrill. (For me.)
And if Brady wants to state his side, well he can start his own blog...but he won't. He is too busy reading sports blogs.
Our weekend was taken over...
Cardinals on Friday, Byu on Saturday, Cardinals on Sunday and then again on Monday!
When you read back to my previous post about all the lists and all the help Brady was...this is why.
I don't use watching games as a threat...I don't even need to. He figured it out without me saying anything....
(which is ALSO how I know that he knows that he is a bit "intense", at least on some level)
Super cheerful/helpful-best husband/dad e v e r...
and then it's game time.
And he's gone.
It's like we don't even know him.
And if his team loses I have to hash it all out play-by-play and watch him work his way back to the Brady I know and love.
But on the better days, when they win...
Well, it's order is restored and all is well again.
It's become a sort of entertainment for me to watch him watch a game.
He even looks at me and laughs after a particularly angry rant/victory dance.
1 comment:
the boys being fans of the same teams we had the same weekend. I'm ready for it all to be done, well except that then the drama of the loss comes on which I like to avoid. I love your fall break! Sounds like mine! And congrats on the new calling. You will do great at it!
Post a Comment