Whenever we put Lyla in the cart we say to her, "Now Lyla...do we scream at the store?"Her answer every time is the same, "AHHH! UH-uh." Accompanied by a serious face and her head shaking "no".
Does she follow this rule? Not usually, but she does know it.
She loves to turn around and sip on the girl's Costco smoothies while they fight over who has to share, and yes...that IS my 7 yr old in the cart. It was SO busy I wasn't about to usher my kids around those over-sized isles.
Another favorite is the bumpy part of the concrete before the store entrance. Brady makes a point to stay on it as long as possible while Lyla laughs and the girls crack up watching her head "bobble". See kids, the store is fun.***
I was the boss today. I'm pretty sure that I am the only one who is ever happy about this. When I take over it starts with a list of what I consider to be totally realistic expectations for the day.
My lists make Brady nervous.
What? There IS time for everything.
You just stop to eat and if you are fast about it then it's really not a big deal:)
So we started the day with trips to Walmart (ugh...) and then Costco (could have been fun if it wasn't full like it was the day before Thanksgiving!)
After quick break for lunch and a few minutes to play (see? Not so bad) we did lights, fans, inside windows, baseboards, tables and chairs, and finished the day with my least favorite...the floors (I wouldn't have to do them so much if we would stop walking on them so much but there's no avoiding it I guess).
Just when the kids were a little cranky (it was light fall cleaning...I don't get why they were sweating, they were fine) and my list was complete it was time for me to sneak out to get my hair done.
It was the perfect end to the day (for me). I got to sit for 3 hrs and chat with my fabulous sil, which I am quite confident could last for days.
Then home just in time to put Lyla to bed, cuddle with Regan, and watch Emma finish the chapter book she started last night.
I don't know about any of the other family members, but I had a good day!
**Brady compared my "list tendency " to Claire Dunphy...and I compared his "football tendency " to the obnoxious football fans on Monday night football commercials...more on that tomorrow.
What? There IS time for everything.
You just stop to eat and if you are fast about it then it's really not a big deal:)
So we started the day with trips to Walmart (ugh...) and then Costco (could have been fun if it wasn't full like it was the day before Thanksgiving!)
After quick break for lunch and a few minutes to play (see? Not so bad) we did lights, fans, inside windows, baseboards, tables and chairs, and finished the day with my least favorite...the floors (I wouldn't have to do them so much if we would stop walking on them so much but there's no avoiding it I guess).
Just when the kids were a little cranky (it was light fall cleaning...I don't get why they were sweating, they were fine) and my list was complete it was time for me to sneak out to get my hair done.
It was the perfect end to the day (for me). I got to sit for 3 hrs and chat with my fabulous sil, which I am quite confident could last for days.
Then home just in time to put Lyla to bed, cuddle with Regan, and watch Emma finish the chapter book she started last night.
I don't know about any of the other family members, but I had a good day!
**Brady compared my "list tendency " to Claire Dunphy...and I compared his "football tendency " to the obnoxious football fans on Monday night football commercials...more on that tomorrow.
And p.s
Lyla's hair is usually done, despite what some of the pictures show.
1 comment:
crazy isn't all bad. There are great times for crazy busy. Glad you enjoyed it and everyone else survived it :)
Post a Comment