6.14.2010

Ponytails & Swimsuits


That's why I love summer! No more schedules and getting everyone ready every morning by 8:30am.

I knew that having a baby in May would mean a summer spent mostly inside with no more days lounging by the pool until we couldn't stand it, but what I didn't think about was what it would take to entertain 2 busy girls all day while taking care of a newborn. We've had our moments, but lucky for me we all enjoy being at home. Here is what it looked like this morning at our house...

In their swimsuits -ready for lessons that are @ 6pm- and doing a puzzle. I almost died when I heard Emma ask, "Regan do you know where North POTATO and South POTATO are?"!!! For as many years that we've been doing this puzzle I couldn't believe that she didn't know Dakota... oh well, I was glad for the good laugh!

Swim lessons start tonight and I am so glad they are in evening lessons. Emma will be in beginning diving and Regan's level is called 'Otters' so naturally she took it literally. One of our favorites at the zoo is the otters so she proceeded to show me how she's going to swim like an otter and then stopped to ask, "Mom- how else will my teacher make me look like an otter?" She was so sincere that I had to answer with my best serious face! Just glad she's not a 'shrimp' anymore!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

haha! love it! glad that you all like being at home too. good talking to you the other day...I know how hard it can be with a newborn...texting is easy. :)