
That's whats been going on here.
Lots of things.
But first, my Black Friday results.
It was fun!!
Good thing it's a one day deal because after staying up most of the night and getting fun things on great sales I was about to turn into a BF junkie.
I even went back to Target that afternoon just to make sure I got everything I wanted.
3 of the things I wanted were presents and the rest was just stuff we had been thinking about for a while.
It all started around 8:45pm with a stop at QT for hot chocolate. And pretzels. and a snickers. I was with my BIL, Brent and being the Boy Scout that he is was prepared with chairs and blankets. We got in line and started the wait. My sister's bf, Michele and Brent's sisters joined us for the fun too. I'm not gonna lie, I was skeptical...but if ever I was going to wait for 3 hours to get great deals you know I would only do it for Target!
When it was time to stand up and we started making our game plan I was nervous. What if I got trampled? What if someone was confrontational about the last gray chenille blanket? What if I got lost?
Should I have brought a whistle...like that episode of Friends where Rachel ends up curled in ball under a rack of dresses with her eyes closed blowing her whistle in scared desperation waiting for someone to rescue her. Phoebe and Monica save her...who would save me?
I panicked a little more when Brent said, "They let a few go in every 15 seconds." What? ok...When it's my turn I need to stay focused and get my cart and head to housewares. That was my assignment cause I was a rookie. I didn't feel confident enough to take on electronics. I made it with only a couple dirty looks...but that could be a result of my frazzled hair and bloodshot eyes.
When I went back later in the day it was a blur...had I really been to Target at 2am? People and red carts swarming around me? It felt like some weird dream. I liked it.
Thanks Brent, for a good initiation.
Lots of things.
But first, my Black Friday results.
It was fun!!
Good thing it's a one day deal because after staying up most of the night and getting fun things on great sales I was about to turn into a BF junkie.
I even went back to Target that afternoon just to make sure I got everything I wanted.
3 of the things I wanted were presents and the rest was just stuff we had been thinking about for a while.
It all started around 8:45pm with a stop at QT for hot chocolate. And pretzels. and a snickers. I was with my BIL, Brent and being the Boy Scout that he is was prepared with chairs and blankets. We got in line and started the wait. My sister's bf, Michele and Brent's sisters joined us for the fun too. I'm not gonna lie, I was skeptical...but if ever I was going to wait for 3 hours to get great deals you know I would only do it for Target!
When it was time to stand up and we started making our game plan I was nervous. What if I got trampled? What if someone was confrontational about the last gray chenille blanket? What if I got lost?
Should I have brought a whistle...like that episode of Friends where Rachel ends up curled in ball under a rack of dresses with her eyes closed blowing her whistle in scared desperation waiting for someone to rescue her. Phoebe and Monica save her...who would save me?
I panicked a little more when Brent said, "They let a few go in every 15 seconds." What? ok...When it's my turn I need to stay focused and get my cart and head to housewares. That was my assignment cause I was a rookie. I didn't feel confident enough to take on electronics. I made it with only a couple dirty looks...but that could be a result of my frazzled hair and bloodshot eyes.
When I went back later in the day it was a blur...had I really been to Target at 2am? People and red carts swarming around me? It felt like some weird dream. I liked it.
Thanks Brent, for a good initiation.
No comments:
Post a Comment