9.01.2011

The Only Downside to Fall

Today I went to the temple and then ate lunch at Freddy's with my little brother.

Lyla got a much-needed break from me and our quiet house and played with my mom.

That's a good Thursday, I'd do it every week if I could.


Wives of football fans probably get why I am blogging tonight.

Blah.

It's the beginning of the college football season.

Brady won't sleep tomorrow night and he'll be extra chipper on Saturday morning.

That's right...another season of BYU.


I gave my traditional "pep talk" for the season.

It consisted of,

"I know you love this and I have really come to accept it but...

1. I will blog about you and your "fall fling".

2. This is no reason to fill our home with unsavory words.

3. If the worst happens (they lose...gasp!) it's not my fault...so don't go there.

4. Despite what you believe our Saturday schedule will not revolve around the game...but, we will do our best to make it so you can catch most games live.

5. I am always softened by a good morning's sleep, so go ahead and keep up that trick. I'm on to you- but I am ok with it.

6. If you delete any of my dvr timers because of espn...you are sleeping in the yard.

7. You don't have to wear your byu hat every weekend, ALL weekend...but at this point I'll pick my battles and let that one go.

8. Your devotion and intensity are definitely...something. But, try not to get carried away.

9. Probably best that we pick up the children's toys before kick-off so you don't end up on crutches. again.

10. You know I hate the sound of the announcers voices, so turn it down!

11. Remember that while you love byu and I accept it...you don't actually play on the team so...they can't hear you screaming at them. No matter how loud it is.

12. Lay low at church on Sundays after particularly rough games, because no one needs to know that you lost your voice from all the screaming.

And I don't care if you taught the girls to yell it but at no point in the season will you hear me cheer, 'Go BYU!'..."

It was a good talk.


But thank you byu...because you went independent, games are no longer on the horrible mountain channel...which means we finally switched back to dish. I have not been pleased with directv

No comments: