I am a sentimental person. I love to take our kids places that I loved as a kid & I love to talk to them about my childhood and my favorite memories.
So when it came time to bless Emma there was no question she'd be wearing the dress I wore when I was blessed. My mom made it & it's detailed and very beautiful (thanks mom). I loved putting Regan in it a couple years later & now it's Lyla's turn! My favorite 'mom memories' include getting each of them dressed in their first white dress and seeing them in something from my childhood. To make the blessing day a bit more special we have blessed each girl in the same blanket... the same one Brady was held in when he was blessed and the same one his mom was blessed in. It was hand-made by her grandmother and her mom (Brady's grandma) did the quilting stitches on it.
It means so much to me that we have been able to bring pieces of both of our lives together to celebrate our growing family.
So when it came time to bless Emma there was no question she'd be wearing the dress I wore when I was blessed. My mom made it & it's detailed and very beautiful (thanks mom). I loved putting Regan in it a couple years later & now it's Lyla's turn! My favorite 'mom memories' include getting each of them dressed in their first white dress and seeing them in something from my childhood. To make the blessing day a bit more special we have blessed each girl in the same blanket... the same one Brady was held in when he was blessed and the same one his mom was blessed in. It was hand-made by her grandmother and her mom (Brady's grandma) did the quilting stitches on it.
It means so much to me that we have been able to bring pieces of both of our lives together to celebrate our growing family.
1 comment:
That dress is almost as adorable as Lyla
Post a Comment