So we are eating dinner tonight and Emma starts telling "jokes" in other words just saying random silly things waiting for someone to laugh. She said one, but we can't remember now what is was (and it doesn't really matter) and Brady and I both gave a weak courtesy laugh. It went on like this...
Emma: Dad, that was a fake laugh.
Brady: What?
E: Like, it was not real.
Carlie: How do you know?
E: Uhg, because his real laugh is louder and more fast. That was short and not too loud.
C: Oh. ... You are smart.
E: It's easy.
E: K guys- I am going to say more things until it's real funny and you real laugh.
B: Ok, no more courtesy laughs.
E: What laughs?
B: That's what we call a laugh that is not real.
E: Yeah, no more.
At this point she says a few more randoms things and we are laughing at the conversation we just had.
E: Good guys... that's real.
*side note* Em loves Twister right now.
5 comments:
Iknow, I hate it when my kids call me out on fake laughs and fake interest in what they are doing. It's sad when they get that smart to catch on to all those things.
We need your girls to come play games with us some summer day!
Carlie, your family is beautiful. I found seth and becca's blog and then found yours..... so fun. Looks like things are so great with you guys. kaiandsteph.blogspot.com
Hehee! This is a hoot:) Kids are too smart for their own good. Katelyn got mad at Eric the other night when he put her in a time-out. She said, "Fine! I'll just baptize myself!" (That'll show him:) You guys look so good! Wish we could see you this summer..
Smart girl. We try to explain that to Jace too, that those aren't really jokes, but he doesn't get it.
Clever girl! I love her!
Post a Comment